Exciting, ground floor opportunity with a Pee Dee company for an experienced Controller to manage the accounting and financial reporting functions in a manufacturing environment. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Help create and enhance the Accounting systems and internal controls to support Company’s future growth, including preparing procedures and associated check lists. Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting basis GAAP accounting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Develop cost estimates for new product initiatives based results of special batch runs or on reasonable assumption.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Ensure all production orders are closed, in-hand invoices are processed, subsystem posts are tied out, manual journal entries are posted, and reserve accounts are reconciled.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the integration of all contract and accounts receivable accounting issues and services, including accurate and timely revenue recognition, billing and collections, processing of cash disbursements, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, associate expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total entity tax compliance.
- Perform cost accounting which includes analysis and reporting of daily production, purchase price variances, raw material yields, filling yields, production put-away losses, expense budget variances, and related information.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings. Assure the accurate and timely completion of all tax reporting requirements, including returns. Work to take full advantage of tax codes.
- Oversees storage of financial information at year-end to allow for future retrieval.
- Respond to CFO with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial goals.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conduct performance reviews of accounting department staff. Develop the skills of the other members of the accounting team to improve their productivity and maximize their opportunity for professional growth.
Position reports to Chief Financial Officer and will supervise a small office staff.
We are seeking a CPA with 10+ years of accounting experience, ideally with a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting in a manufacturing environment. Strong preference for a candidate who has created and implemented an accounting system from scratch using integrated manufacturing and financial software systems. Must have strong experience in general ledger, financial reporting, and transactional accounting and a working knowledge of income tax matters. Should be technically savvy, proficient in Excel, flexible, and able to function effectively in a dynamic start-up, high growth environment.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].