Rapidly-growing Columbia employer is seeking an experienced Inventory Analyst to be responsible for managing warehouse inventory levels for multiple locations. Specific duties include the following:
- Maintain accurate inventory levels with an emphasis on manufacturing and service levels and inventory turns.
- Utilize system reports, custom reports, and knowledge of warehouse activities to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Communicate all significant inventory information to the Warehousing Managers, Supervisors and other management to help facilitate shortage detection.
- Direct cycle counting program and perform cycle counts.
- Provide leadership and perform physical inventory counts during quarterly and/or annual physical inventory.
- Review and assist with daily inventory transactions to ensure appropriate procedures are being followed
- Maintain database of product lines and inventory parts
- Assist in any product recalls.
- Facilitate excess inventory reduction by returning excess products to vendors.
- Evaluate inventory levels, making adjustments to inventory min/max/reorder levels, safety stock, lead times, and inventory formulas to ensure sufficient supply to meet customers’ needs while maintaining targeted inventory turns.
- Interface with and propose solutions to the Warehousing & Logistics Manager and upper management regarding all issues relating to inventory.
- Review and analyze all changes to product conversions, deletions and additions to determine impact on inventory requirements and reserves.
- Identify and analyze product trends by supplier and by product.
- Maintain effective and courteous communication with vendors, co-workers, and other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business or a related field and 2+ years of inventory management experience in manufacturing distribution environment with multiple warehouse locations. Candidates should possess strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and software skills (especially Excel). Familiarity with relational databases and SQL reporting preferred. Experience with an ERP implementation or conversion ideal.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].