Large Midlands financial institution is seeking an audit professional for its internal audit function. Position will be responsible for completing all stages of financial, operational, and information technology audit and consulting engagements, including planning, design, coordination, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up activities. Minimal travel! Specific duties include the following:
· Plans and conducts operational and financial audits in compliance with department procedures.
· Documents results of engagements within audit workpapers and communicates findings to the appropriate personnel. Drafts and submits to management a written audit report for each pertinent assigned engagement. Performs follow-up reviews based on management action plans and completion dates.
· Assists in/completes assigned initiatives related to department quality assurance and improvement program.
· Interacts with 3rd party vendor to facilitate ICFR (SOX) testing program.
· Maintains awareness of developments in professional auditing standards, industry regulations and trends, bank operations and general information technology.
· Interacts with external auditors and company personnel, including employees at other affiliated organizations.
Candidates should have Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and have 6+ years of auditing experience in corporate internal audit or public accounting setting. Financial institution experience preferred. Should possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills and project management experience. CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].