Growing, blue-chip Columbia company is seeking an accounting professional to work with senior management and the accounting department to help manage and drive continuous improvement for its high-quality accounting and finance functions. Specific duties include the following:
- Execute monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting procedures to ensure high quality financial statements and reporting both on an investment and corporate level
- Perform monthly close procedures within a defined timeframe
- Prepare account reconciliations and post journal entries
- Prepare financial statements and work papers
- Responsible for accounts payable and vendor setup
- Implement and maintain fixed asset ledgers for book and tax depreciation and amortization
- Maintain and document policies and procedures around financial reporting, internal controls, and accounting system infrastructure
- Provide acquisition and transaction support for Investments team
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly reforecast processes and maintain monthly variance reporting
- Assist with audit and tax preparation
- Assist with special projects as needed
Ideal candidate would be a CPA or CPA candidate with 2-3 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate real estate environment. Masters degree ideal not but required. Must possess excellent technical accounting, analytical, communication, organizational, and software skills combined with high energy, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and self-motivation. Prior experience in the real estate industry strongly preferred.
To $65K plus bonus potential.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].