Established manufacturer located east of Columbia is seeking an accounting professional to supervise and manage the accounting and human resources functions. The position will be responsible for maintaining best practices in collecting, analyzing, and reporting financial information. Specific duties include the following:
- Manage, supervise, and lead employees of the accounting department
- Complete general ledger entries for preparation of financial statements
- Assist in analysis of financial statements
- Participate in preparation and analysis of budgets, financial strategy, and forecasting
- Advise managers on financial management methods
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the payroll services (weekly and semi-monthly)
- Act as liaison in accounting and human resource audits
- Participate in the recruitment and section of new employees and administer the process for new hires
- Ensure that staff has a clear understanding of human resources policies and procedures
- Seek and make use of outside expertise in human resource matters
- Advise staff on employment and salary matters
- Ensure that required records are kept current and that statutory returns are completed in a timely manner
Position will supervise a staff of 3 and report to Director of Finance.
Job requirements include a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business (with an Accounting emphasis), or a related field and experience in senior-level accounting or accounting management. Candidate should possess excellent software skills (including Excel and accounting software program), working knowledge of budgeting, cost accounting, cost control, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and excellent attention to detail. Should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and an understanding of the importance of securing confidential business information. Experience with software system implementation a plus. Candidates are not expected to have prior HR experience…both internal and external resources are available to assist.
To $80K plus bonus
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].