Growing Columbia-area financial institution is seeking an experienced mortgage professional to lead its processing and closing function. Responsible for managing the activities and operations of the mortgage loan sales support processing and closing team including pipeline management and appraisal ordering. Mortgage production through this team includes conventional, government, jumbo and construction perm (both origination and servicing) residential loans. All loans are sold into the secondary market. Duties include:
- Manage a staff of up to 7-8 mortgage associates (loan processing, loan closing, construction-perm processing including inspection/draw servicing).
- Manage the Mortgage Pipeline to ensure on-time closings and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure mortgage loans are processed, closed and funded in complete accordance with bank, federal, state and regulatory standards as well as secondary market investor requirements.
- Manage communication protocols with Sales as needed.
- Deliver on agreed service levels for processing and closing to/from sales and credit risk.
- Work with the credit risk management team as needed to ensure timely funding and closing of mortgage loans and delivery to investors within 30 days of closing.
- Develop and utilize high-impact processing/closing dashboards for all key process steps, turn times and customer touchpoints.
- Provide ongoing development opportunities to all staff.
- Work closely with the Sales Director and Credit Risk Manager to meet shared goals.
- Maintain operational documentation and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and excellent customer service in all.
- Maintain and manage internal controls.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all mortgage loan operational job functions in order to provide technical support or directions and ensure compliance with regulatory, investor and bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality customer service is provided to all internal/external customers.
- Act as the primary Calyx Point Mortgage System Administrator.
- Participate and Represent the team in monthly executive and sales meetings.
Job requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related degree and 5+ years of experience managing a team of mortgage loan processors and closers. Candidate should knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional loan products, underwriting procedures, investor requirements and escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage transactions. Should also have up-to-date knowledge and experience with TRID, RESPA, TILA, HVCC/AIR, MDIA, and other applicable compliance/legal requirements and a working knowledge of mortgage lending in order to determine upfront risk factors and communicate as necessary to appropriate parties. Position requires excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills. Should be proficient in Excel and ideally have experience with Calyx Point. Must be detail-oriented, able to work effectively under pressure, and be able to multi-task.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].