Growing Midlands financial institution is seeking an experienced banking professional for its commercial loan review function. Position is responsible for verifying the validity of the established loan system and performing various examinations of the Bank’s loan portfolio to determine overall accordance with Bank policy and approved lending limits, to review credit information to ensure loans are adequately supported, to identify, report and track problem loans, to analyze loan risk gradings and monitor levels of acceptable risk.
- Examine all loans presented at Senior Credit Committee monthly meetings to determine whether credit corrections are required and track accordingly.
- Examine loans under $100M and track corrections.
- Inspect all loans that are of a speculative nature and report them to Chief Risk Officer.
- Analyze Policy Exceptions Report to detect trends and lending concentrations. Compile data into a report for Chief Risk Officer.
- Organize and conduct Quarterly Rated Loan Reviews of all loans risk-rated below Standard.
- Prepare and present Loan and Lease Loss Reserve Report including economic updates, loan migration analysis, and specific loan allocation analysis to the Loan Committee of the Bank Board of Directors.
- Assist Chief Risk Officer with the Annual Review of all loans $750M or greater.
- Make periodic, specific purpose examinations of the portfolios of specific lenders, industries, and loan classifications unilaterally and/or at the request of the Chief Risk Officer.
- Work with lenders to reduce/eliminate past due loans.
- Coordinate action plans for Bank’s loan workout portfolio including coaching lenders in different approaches to reduce unwanted Bank credit risk exposure.
- Assume primary account management responsibility in workout situations.
- Liaison with legal community in commercial loan collection scenarios.
- Coordinate Bank’s ongoing efforts to reduce financial statement exceptions.
Job qualifications are as follow:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related experience in loan review, commercial workouts, or commercial lending; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to maintain professional focus in highly adversarial environments.
- Ability to compute complex math calculations.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong interviewing, negotiating, and coaching skills.
- Working knowledge of the bankruptcy system.
- Proficiency in FDIC policies and procedures regarding commercial lending.
- Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].