Northeast Columbia manufacturer is seeking a Controller to serve as a business partner with senior management. The position will be responsible for leading the financial staff and being accountable for general accounting, transactional accounting, cost accounting, financial analysis, financial reporting, and IT. Among the specific duties are the following:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic plan.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls.
- Responsible for analysis and reporting of monthly financial results to management.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported result.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate, accounted for properly, and reflect production operations.
- Maintain perpetual inventory for finished goods.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions and serve as on-site IT manager.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items.
- Analyze internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Participate in the completion of special projects as requested.
Candidate should have Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field and 5+ years of experience as a Plant Controller or Cost Accounting Manager in a manufacturing environment. Must have experience in managing a staff and have particular career emphasis in cost accounting, reporting, and variance analysis. Candidate should also possess a high level of proficiency in Excel and ERP/MRP systems.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].