Columbia insurance company is seeking a key employee for its finance team to be responsible for general ledger accounting and reconciliations. Will support the financial team in the completion of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Will also assist in redesign and implementation of the technical accounting process, including documentation of SOX controls. Specific duties include the following:
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and create journal entries and adjustments when necessary
- Perform analytical review of financial results for assigned business and prepare commentary or explanations for period development
- Provide responses for questions concerning financial results
- Work with the accounts receivable database, which is housed in Microsoft Access, and perform reconciliations to source data
- Assist with preparation of reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings
- Assist and provide support for internal/external audits and budget processes
- Miscellaneous other duties that may be assigned
Position requires a Bachelors degree in accounting or finance with 3-5+ years of experience in corporate or public accounting. Insurance experience preferred but not required. Must have knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Access and have high level of Excel proficiency, including pivot tables and complex formulas. Should have strong communication and analytical skills and possess ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to [email protected].