Financial services non-profit located in Northeast Columbia is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant. The essential functions of the position include the follwoing:
• Coordinates and prepares daily, monthly, quarterly, and year-end processing of journal entries.
• Responsible for coordinating daily cash transactions.
• Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts. Prepares, reconciles and assist in review of various financial reports to be submitted to the Corporation’s Board of Directors, federal and state government agencies.
• Prepare management reports to be submitted to various Departments. Maintains supporting documentation for these reports.
• Provide support for achieving automation and process improvement in various areas of the Financial Services Department. Ensures adequate updated documentation of these procedures.
• Assist in the coordination of internal and external financial audits. Prepare and reconcile necessary entries and audit work papers to the general ledger.
• Assist Controller in various financial analysis as needed.
Position reports to Controller and does not have direct supervisory responsibility.
We are seeking a candidate with a BS-Accounting and 5-7 years of strong work experience in accounting/financial functions. Masters degree and/or CPA preferred. Successful candidate should have good experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Financial Edge or other related accounting software preferred. Must have effective analytical, verbal, and written communication skills. Should be able to meet structured deadlines, interpret/implement organizational policies and procedures, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].