Columbia insurance company is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant is seeking an experienced property and casualty insurance accountant. Duties include the following:
- Analyze and prepare journal entries for a variety of reinsurance treaties (Quota Share, CAT, XOL, etc.).
- Calculate IBNR reserves, sliding scale commissions and profit sharing amounts.
- Prepare Schedule P and Schedule F on a quarterly basis.
- Function as the primary back-up for maintaining SQL claim databases.
- Prepare monthly reinsurance calculations for customers.
- Code and enter into the general ledger all cash transactions related to reinsurance.
- Prepare monthly calculations of ceded written premium.
- Calculate IBNR reserves and assist with the maintenance of SQL claim databases.
Position reports to Manager of Client Accounting Services.
Our client is seeking a degreed accountant with 3+ years of experience in the property and casualty insurance industry. Reinsurance accounting and SQL experience preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and possess demonstrated skills in customer focus, leadership, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and self-motivation.
Please submit your résumé in Word or PDF format to [email protected].