Columbia insurance company is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join its team. Position will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of statutory and GAAP financial statements. Specific duties include the following:
- Assist in preparation of accurate financial statements in accordance with the close schedule
- Prepare monthly journal entries and adjusting entries
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and income accounts to the general ledger
- Maintain various spreadsheets to support financial transactions and analysis
- Perform peer reviews and analyze a broad range of complex accounting and fiscal activities
- Review inter-company transactions and generates consolidating entries
- Analyze general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, variances to forecast, account reconciliations, and fixed asset administration
- Assist external auditors as needed
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Position reports to Accounting Manager.
Our client is seeking a candidate with Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field and 5+ years of accounting/financial work experience. CPA preferred. Statutory accounting experience in the P&C insurance industry also preferred. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and proficiency in time management, financial analysis, multi-tasking, and Microsoft Excel and Access.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to [email protected].